This is a bit ahead of time since the Chinese new year doesn’t happen until February but hey I can’t resist to share the joy of soon entering the year or the fire rooster.
I’m delighted by it because firstly I’m French and the rooster -silly animal as it were- is our national totem animal, and secondly because I work on a project focusing on chickens). So something has got to happen around my world this year.
This also leaves me curious about what will happen generally and what I will generally do to make good things happen. Balancing ‘fortuna’ with ‘virtu’ as Macchiavelli would have it.
And when it comes to changing practices, last year will be difficult to beat!
Indeed in 2016 I expanded my set of practices to:
- Consistently practice and deepen my meditation practice – quite simply using Headspace;
- Increase the frequency of my jogging to three times per week:
- Coach someone regularly (originally on public speaking and then on various other things)
- Train my colleagues on group facilitation skills;
- Blog on facilitation as well as on knowledge management, on a dedicated ‘Agile facilitation’ blog;
- Develop my management skills.
What will it be in 2017?
What would you advise me to do?
What have been your recent aha moments in terms of personal and collective development and improvement?
A few tracks lay open ahead of me for sure: focus on group development rather than (just) my own, and move from independence to interdependence; explore conflict management more openly (I’ll soon be giving a presentation on this topic); keep exploring the best ways I can fulfill my contribution statement; develop my listening skills much more profoundly…
The options are many, and the year has just begun Let the fire unleash itself!
In any case I also wish you a fiery year full of satisfaction of different orders!