Happy year of the goat!
Though technically we’re not there yet, the Chinese zodiac hails the goat as an animal gifted with all the titled attributes above.
So for me this means I’ll try to impersonate as many of these qualities as I can on this blog in in my life. It will be another intense year at work I’m sure, and lots to cover on knowledge management, leadership, social learning, facilitation, coaching, collective intelligence, engagement and collaboration, tools approaches and practices, intelligence and emotions.
I don’t have a starting post to offer – though my next post is lined up and will unravel the ins and outs of collaboration killer app ‘Asana’ – but I want to leave you with a short list of some of the resources I’ve saved on my Del.icio.us bookmark collection of late (or will soon), may these resources stimulate your creativity, intelligence, thougtfulness, honesty etc.
In no particular order except when I came across these resources…
- The blogger’s bucket list – 20 milestones to achieve as a blogger.
- A ‘Paseo approach’ to engagement, dialoguing, knowledge sharing and communication – a new approach to communication in global development projects.
- KM mastercourse presentations – an incredible set of presentations to get started on KM, by Josef Hofer-Alfeis.
- Impersonal trust in organisations – about the enlightening concept of trust we put in institutions and structures.
- Tim Minchin’s address to graduating students from the University of Western Australia – an amazing streetwise address about work, life, love and more.
- Effective team meetings – a nifty app to calculate the time spent in meetings.
- Knowmad Society – A guide to work and life for nomadic knowledge workers.
- The complexity of memory – a series of TED talks on how memory works.
- 25 documentaries every arts and culture lover needs to watch right now – need I say more?
And finally, since happiness is still a important feature of every year:
May this year of the goat bring you this and much more🙂